The plan for this subject was a capstone experience which would provide students with face to face experience with Indigenous Elders Syllabus.
The cultural guides will be responsible for providing background knowledge on:
• The experiences of the local Indigenous people in that community and the past and ongoing impact of colonisation.
• The history of the country being visited.
• The issues of importance to the community being visited.
• The geography and cultural traditions of the community being visited.
• The relationship between country, community, family and individual, social and emotional wellbeing.
The School of Psychology will be responsible for teaching:
• The application of psychology in the country being visited, especially in regard to one of the following: Reducing prejudice; Advocacy: Working collaboratively with Indigenous people to achieve self-determination.